Phone call from a customer who upgraded to Windows 7 and now gets “no interactive network license”.
- Ask whether license manager was reinstalled, and whether the license was installed. Yes.
- This is Softimage 2010 on Windows 7, so edit setenv.bat and change _ADSK_LicServers to @127.0.0.1 (Softimage 2011 automatically falls back on 127.0.0.1, so for 2011 I wouldn’t have to bother with this).
- Still can’t start Softimage. Disable firewall to quickly test whether ports are being blocked (telnet not installed on Windows 7 by default, so it’s quicker to just disable the firewall temporarily).
- Still cannot start, but it doesn’t appear to be a network connectivity issue. So check SoftimageLicense.log: it says “cannot connect to server”. So, server is probably not running.
- Start LMTOOLS and do a Perform Status Enquiry. Yup, server not running.
- Start Server, click Perform Status Enquiry to double-check
- Start Softimage. It works!
- Check that Start Server at Power Up is enabled. It’s not. Neither is “Run as Service”. Very strange. The server shouldn’t have started!!! Oh well. Select both check boxes.
- All done, except for the paperwork (case notes, final email, …)