Come Monday morning, you’ll be seeing some changes on the Sub Center when you log a support request.
First, when you create a case, you’ll be asked to choose a topic. For example, license registration and activation or software download or technical support.
For technical support requests, there’s a simplified form to fill out. Note that there are now three possible Severity values:
- 1 – Critical (catastrophic defect with no workaround)
- 2 – Urgent (major functionality impaired)
- 3 – Standard (limited or minor adverse affect)
The How can we help you? field defines the type of support case:
- Troubleshooting Questions relating to product behavior that is not in line with documentation specifications, error messages, file corruption dialogs, Autodesk product interoperability, and data migration between product releases.
- Installation and Licensing Inquiries about product installation process and options, system requirements, peripheral device setup, and FLEXIm installation and network deployment.
- How To Inquiries about how to use the features and function within an installed Autodesk product where no operational problem or error message exists.
- Enhancement An idea or suggestions for a new feature or documentation or a request for an enhancement to an existing feature or documentation.
- Configuration Inquiries about product performance, security and administrative settings, file import and export questions, database connectivity and interoperability with the O/S network and peripherals.