In this video, I take a look at what to look for in a Process Monitor log from a satellite rendering computer. If you don’t see what I’m showing, then the master is not connecting to the satellite.
To use Process Monitor to confirm whether the master connects to the satellite:
- On the satellite machine, download Process Monitor.
- Extract Process Monitor from the downloaded file, and start procmon.exe.
- On the master machine, start Softimage. The master connects to the satellite at startup.
- After Softimage starts up on the master machine, go back to the satellite machine and stop capturing events in Process Monitor.
- Review the Process Monitor log (see the video for more info).