SOFTIMAGE|3D 4.0 running in IRIX 6.5 on a R12000 Silicon Graphics O2
That is (was?) a nice bit of kit …
hat tip to Will M for the pic (this stuff was raffled off for charity at a real discount 😉
Softimage 3D 3.8 Extreme boxed set – eBay
Complete boxed set of Softimage|3D 3.8 SP2 Extreme – includes installation discs for IRIX and Windows, manuals, pamphlets, and a working license file.
Soft|3D runs great on vintage SGI hardware because it is highly streamlined and memory-efficient. Even an Indy will run it perfectly. Requires IRIX 6.2. You can check my photo gallery for a screenshot and a description of the software.
This is the ultimate classic 3D animation package – along with PowerAnimator and Renderman, it was part of the trifecta of high-end 3D apps used by the major visual effects studios. The huge box looks awesome on a shelf, and the software is a joy to use.
A bunch of old-time stuff, including:
- Silicon Graphics O2, Octane, Indy, and IRIS Indigo boxes
- SOFTIMAGE|3D, Toonz, SOFTIMAGE|Creative Environment CDs
- SOFTIMAGE|3D Documentation box set
- SOFTIMAGE|3D 4.0 Fundamentals manual
- MegaFonts for SOFTIMAGE|3D
From a picture dated 12 May 2004, a variety of memorabilia, including:
- SGI Iris Indigo, octane, and Indy
- MegaFonts, 1001 Professional Fonts for SOFIMAGE|3D
- SOFTIMAGE|3D 4.0 Fundamentals book
- SOFTIMAGE|3D, SOFTIMAGE Creative Environment, and “Softimage for the Creative Mind” CDs
- SOFTIMAGE|3D documentation set