After the install is finished, edit C:\Softimage\Softimage_2010_x64\Application\bin\setenv.bat.
- SILicMethod specifies whether to use Network or Standalone licensing.
- _ADSK_LicServers specifies the license server. By default, this env var is set to the value entered during Setup.
rem Licensing method: Standalone | Multi Seat Standalone | Network
rem License servers specified from the setup. Format: [port1]@host1[;[port2]@host2]...
When you install Softimage 2010, you’ll have to enter a product key and a serial number. Just use the product key 00000 and the serial number 000-00000000. That will install Softimage in Trial mode. And if you need to switch to Network licensing later, all you have to do is change an environment variable.
||Trial mode product key. Installs Softimage in Standalone licensing mode.
||Softimage product key. You can choose between Standalone, Multiseat Standalone, and Network licensing modes. If you choose Network, you’ll be prompted to enter the license server name.
If you choose Standalone, or if you choose Network and enter the serial 000-00000000, you’ll get the 30-day trial period.
You can switch licensing methods between Standalone and Network.
||Softimage Advance product key. You’ll be prompted to enter the license server name.
If you use the serial number 000-00000000 you can run in Trial mode. You cannot switch back to Standalone mode without reinstalling.
To get your 2010 license, get your 2010 serial number and then go to http://registeronce.autodesk.com.
- Save your 2010 license file in C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager.
- Start LMTOOLS.
- On the Start/Stop/Reread tab, click Stop Server.
- On the Config Services tab, change the Path to license file to point to the 2010 license file.
- Click Save Service.
- On the Start/Stop/Reread tab, click Start Server.
- Now double-check that the 2010 license is installed. On the Server Status tab, click Perform Status Enquiry. Scroll down to the Feature usage info and look for 2010 features (84000SFTIM_2010_0F for Softimage 2010, 84100SFTIMASIB4_2010_0F for Softimage Advanced 2010)
Here’s another important Softimage URL on autodesk.com:
If you’re having problems with your XSI 7.01 (or 6.5 or 6.0 or 5.11 or 4.2 or …) license, you can contact the Softimage licensing team through this Web form. For example, if you reinstall your OS and you need a new SLP license, then use that web form.
As of Softimage 7.5, you get unlimited batch processing. Before, you got 8 Processing tokens with Advanced and 4 with Essentials.
Batch processing is where you run “xsibatch -processing -script”. Batch processing can includes things like exporting .mi2 files, exporting rib files, baking, committing, asset management, custom render management/submission, dynamics, … anything in a complex pipeline that requires automation and remote processing, but not rendering. (Ref: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=4870718&postcount=10)