Anyway, I was a little surprised when I couldn’t get the script to run in 2012 SAP. I was sure that it used to work, but now it was giving me this error:
# ERROR : Traceback (most recent call last): # File "<Script Block >", line 17, in <module> # connections = ET.XML(stackInfo) # File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2012.SAP\Application\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 962, in XML # parser = XMLTreeBuilder() # File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2012.SAP\Application\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1118, in __init__ # "No module named expat; use SimpleXMLTreeBuilder instead" # ImportError: No module named expat; use SimpleXMLTreeBuilder instead # - [line 17]
After digging into the problem a bit, I found that the Softimage install did indeed include expat, but Softimage wasn’t finding it…because I had deleted the Application\python\Lib\sitecustomize.py file!!! Doh.
I had deleted sitecustomize.py while investigating a problem report from a customer, and then I didn’t bother putting it back, because Python was still working in general.
sitecustomize.py adds paths like %XSI_HOME%\Application\python\DLLs to the sys.path, and pyexpat.pyd is in that DLLs folder.