Another couple of cases for runonce.bat!
- First, there was the case of the messed up Render Manager.
The Render Manager was slow to display and doesn’t show the properties in the right-hand panel.
The customer originally had this problem in 2011, and then is started happening in 2012 too.
- Second, the case of the Softimage 2012 that hung at startup, even after several reinstalls.
The installer does run runonce.bat, so it’s a bit surprising that a reinstall didn’t fix the problem.
Update: See Planet Softimage for more details and vidoes.
- Modeling tools—Enjoy new options for thickness, hole capping, edge cutting, and extrusion, together with a new Add Smooth Edge Loop tool.
- Selection tools—Create different component selections faster and more easily.
- Bullet Physics—Take advantage of enhanced collision detection in ICE (Interactive Creative Environment) and rigid body simulations with newly integrated Bullet Physics.
- Animation & scene management—Enjoy improved overall productivity with a number of enhancements that increase efficiency throughout the pipeline.
- ICE enhancements—Now customize production and pipelines more easily with the ability to attach and run script code inside ICE Compound Property Pages.
via Autodesk – Subscription Advantage Pack for Autodesk Softimage 2012.